Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tiskets, taskets, et cetera


This was my final project for art class. The theme of our drawing was supposed to be "FLIGHT." I decided to do a triptic exploring what happens when people attempt to fly. The last panel was originally going to show the person whose viewpoint you are experiencing jumping off the building and plummetting towards the ground, but I decided to go with the less depressing alternative in which the jumper gains the ability to fly. When I tried to express this in the same terms of the first two panels I wasn't positive the black and white captured the feel of the magical event that had just taken place, so I borrowed some pastels to finish up with flair (we had not worked with colors all year so it was kind of a risk).




I had my portfolio review today for Art Class. Apparently my ideas are too far ahead of my style. My "head is moving faster than [my] hands." I ended up with a B+ because I was supposed to be developing technique instead of thinking of interesting methods of representation. I guess that's not so bad. The professor told me it's a lot better than being someone who can draft with amazing precision but has no ideas to instill life into. The solution: get better at art.


No comments: