Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And then it started raining


I haven't thought of a title for this yet, but the girl in the center is named Valerie, and I think she will probably show up again. Perhaps in her new job she will make friends with Nina (from West Jersey). I can think of several things I would have done differently in this picture if I were doing it again, but I am beginning to think that if I spend a lot of time on anything, it will be of quality regardless of my biased feelings about it

Same Hat Same Hat is translating Shintaro Kago's manga Dance! Kremlin Palace! which has been amusing me recently.

I found out this week my boss at the Science Center frontloaded all my hours this month, so Monday night at Bound'ry was the last time I will work until Saturday, when I start shifts again at both places. I've got enough for rent, and I'm going to start a whole lot more hours in July, so it's fine by me. Four and a half day weekend, here I come!

I got a library card today from the Nashville Public system. I had been using Vanderbilt's library for all my needs up until now, but the college's selection of (ah... ahem, uh) children's literature is somewhat lacking, for reasons that are not entirely beyond me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about that library on the Peabody campus? Remember when we were passing by it and I got hit with a nostalgia attack?

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I've been watching a gag dub of the Bleach anime and so my brain is mush, so I will answer it later. (I did say in the post that the database was specifically for known orphaned images, right? Not for every image that has ever existed ever. That would be ridiculous.)

Chaos Publications said...

That library we passed belonged to the public middle school near campus, not Peabody, which means it is closed for the summer. I suppose I could try to break in, but I don't think that would go over very well.

As far as the database goes, how could you have a database exclusively for orphaned images? Once you entered an image, it would cease to be orphaned. What the Orphaned Act bill says is that any image that couldn't be found in the database would be orphaned.

If you don't think that is right you can make a big rebuttal on Novanda, but I'm pretty sure that is the entire point.