Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shapes as People as Shapes


Crap, the punchline to this is blurred. Let me know if anyone can't read it. I didn't mean to end up doing this comic in pencil instead of ink, but sometimes the characters just kind of fall out of me without warning. I'm going to see if I can use these characters in the future, or at least other people in Shapeland.

I went to an art exhibit today at the Tennessee Arts League. The featured show, entitled "Heroes, Villains, and Comic Book Art," had been open for a couple weeks, so a lot of the paintings had already been purchased. The exhibit had another wing with more experimental assemblages and paintings that ranged from Orphist swirls of color to traditional Americana landscapes.

UPDATE: Turning up the contrast fixed the blurring. Enjoy the comic!

No comments: