Thursday, February 7, 2008

Laser beams, Collard greens, and Jelly Beans

On or about 12:17 this afternoon, I realized that I have now missed half of my astronomy lectures so far this semester, which amounts to somewhere in the general vicinity of $472 down the University toilet. Ugh. It was because I stayed up late last night. It was generally a busy day, to say the least.

I had to rush from my Art class (which ends at 4) to the bus that drove everyone to the polls (which left campus at 4) in order to vote. *By the way, even though it was super-exciting to exercise my duty as a citizen, I could not prevent Hilary Clinton form winning the state of Tennessee* At five o'clock I had to attend a Mannafit, which was a benefit dinner for this Central American relief agency. This event lasted much longer than I was comfortable with. Also the tables were decorated with live goldfish, which made me quite angry, and I think I ate a little bit of meat, which made me almost throw up.

Back in my room, just when I decided to forgo watching the West coast returns in favor of my 80 pages of English reading, who should show up but the Tornadoes. Yes we had quite a storm last night if you missed it, and the RAs in my dorm had everyone sit in the first-floor hallway away from the windows until the storm warning expired. *My friends at Union University are safe but say the campus is a total mess* As I get back to room, I'm almost ready to start with the homework when Daniel suddenly decides to shave his head. I somehow got wrapped up in that for a bit (It's not everyday you get to see someone shave his own head).

The good news is I wrote my first program in Unix today! Granted I had a step-by-step tutorial to rely on, but it still made me happy.


Old pic is OOOOOOLD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

half of astronomy lectures??? you should see me i missed all of them. I wish i missed half! now i am on attendance probation or something like that. haha Great stuff Matt!

Cheers,
C.J